| || |
The Education Development Centre (EDC) is the biggest institution affiliate to the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania providing educational support in the field of pre-school, primary and general education.
EDC staff consists of more than 100 professionals in education.
The EDC actively aims:
- to form general education curriculum, which corresponds to the needs of society;
- to initiate, create and implement innovations in education;
- to implement education content quality assurance;
- to improve school performance;
- to implement necessary quality assurance activities in in-service teacher training and initiate and implement in-service teacher training programmes.
Over the years EDC has accumulated experience in these fields of expertise:
- education content: development and implementation of general education content; analysis of educational processes and initiation of education innovations; coordination of education content adaptation to learners with various needs; coordination, initiation of methodological materials’ preparation for curriculum implementation and dissemination;
- educational support: information support and consulting in education for education providers;
- in-service teacher training: preparation and implementation of in-service teacher and school head training programmes; expert evaluation and accreditation of teacher and school head training programmes;
- quality assurance: organization and coordination of expert evaluation of textbooks and other teaching/learning tools and methodological publications for general education.