13th Science Projects Workshop in the Future Classroom Lab
The 13th Science Projects Workshop in the Future Classroom Lab, organised by Scientix, in collaboration with the STEM Alliance and OPENSKIMR took place in Brussels in October 2016, from Friday 14 (starting time: 19:30) to Sunday 16 (end ~14h).
The topic was STEM Careers and the programme included:
- Presentations and workshops from guest projects.
- Workshops in the Future Classroom Lab.
50 participants from over 19 countries joined the event.
- Presentation from co-organiser: STEM Alliance
- Presentation from co-organiser: OPENSKIMR
- Guest Presentation: Knowledge expansion on a budget - DIY robotics
- Guest Presentation: Educational Data Mining: Empowering young innovators
- Keynote presentation: First electric car on DAKAR rally (entrepreneurial experience and Engineering)
- The STEM Careers MOOC – discussion results and the future
Workshops slides or materials:
- Session I - Workshop A: [Tools] Career navigation for counsellors, teachers and students
- Session I - Workshop B: [Paths] Reverse engineering from old used components can impact pupils’ interest in STEM career
- Session I - Workshop B: [Paths] Best practice of the CIIC-ICCI-International Center on Continuous Innovation
- Session II - Workshop A+B: The STEM Careers MOOC
- Session III - Workshop A: [Paths] Space Careers
- Session III - Workshop B: [Skills] Sure, I’m interested in your idea/project, you’ve got 1’
- Session IV - Workshop A: [Methods] School events
- Session IV - Workshop B: [Skills] Stereotypes
Note: this page will be constantly updated until all presentations are collected and published
- Ark of Inquiry Webinar for Teachers in South-eastern Europe on RRI and IBSE (Session 1) 06.09 | Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Republic of, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia
- The Euro-Mediterranean and Middle East Summer School for Science Communication (EMME) 2017 10.09 › 15.09 | Italy
- International Conference on Multimedia in Physics Teaching and Learning (MPTL 2017) 13.09 › 15.09 | United Kingdom
- Scientix Webinar: The Power of Storytelling 13.09 |